Saturday, July 22, 2023

A Day in Coyoacán, Mexico City

 After visiting Frida's Museum, Erika and I walked through the colourful streets of Coyoacán to the centro area for shopping, sightseeing and lunch. 

The cobblestone streets were bustling with people everywhere, it got busier and busier and I was in awe of the huge food and artisan markets of all its produce, people and colour. We weren't hungry yet, so we didn't eat there, but I ran around taking video and photos.  The markets were a street away from the huge Jardin Centenario park with the famous Fuente de los Coyotes (dog fountain) which is surrounded by tree lined streets, colonial architecture and incredible people watching. Erika and I took our time taking in the sights and purchasing a few gifts from local artisans on the sidewalk. We ate Champiñón Quesadillas washed down with Alipus San Baltazar Mezcalita's at La Calaca restaurant as we rested our legs before hitting up the massive two storey Artisan markets. I personally bought a lot of ceramic mugs, cups, mezcal shot glasses and anything I could fit on my person. It was so overwhelming and with huge restraint I had to restrict myself from overspending.  

Coyoacán was my favorite area to visit on my trip to CDMX. I definitely will come back someday and explore this area more- we didn't even scratch the surface.



























 




No comments: